Take Our Online Course – Global Health Experiences in Haiti
An introduction to global health issues with a focus on Haiti, this class is great for anyone with an interest in global health. Explores topics including a brief history of Haiti, working within a culture and context that is not your own, inequities, structural violence, economic development, specific cultural beliefs and practices, self-reflection and acknowledgement of one’s own power and privilege, ethics of medical volunteerism, community-based approaches to health care, research methods in an international setting focused on empowerment evaluations, and how to form sustainable community partnerships.
The course cost is $50, but is included when you are part of an Experience Haiti Trip.
The modules in this course include:
- Module 1: Introduction to Critical Global Public Health
- Module 2: Inequities & The Global Burden of Disease
- Module 3: The Ethics of Medical Volunteerism
- Module 4: Power & Privilege / Personal Identity
- Module 5: History of Haiti & The Role of Structural Violence
- Module 6: Food, Culture, and Spiritual Beliefs in Haiti
- Module 7: Health & Health Care in Haiti
- Module 8: Community Development Using The Empowerment Model
- Module 9: Global Health Case Studies in Haiti – Empower Haiti Together
- Module 10: Reflect & Take Action!
- Bonus Module 1: Economics in Global Health
- Bonus Module 2: The Social Aspect of Global Health
Please include your name and e-mail in the memo part of the payment field along with “online course”.
Once we receive notification of your payment, we will e-mail you the password for the course.
Thank you for your interest in learning more about upstream, sustainable public health in Haiti.